Our family took the day Saturday, also our anniversary, and decided a kite festival was exactly the way to soak up the warm, summer-like temperatures.
There were stations set up with booths like: egg dying, Japanese name writing, face painting, newspaper hats, etc.
After we visited all the stations, we walked the park. We visited a butterfly house, the girls climbed on all kinds of playground equipment and we walked around a little lake.
We were hot and tired by the time we made our way to the last stop (and discovered there was a tram that could have taken us there), the Stroll Garden, which was free on that day only. The girls held up very well and we enjoyed looking at the koi pond and visiting a pagoda house. The trees were in full bloom and it was gorgeous.
It was a lovely way to spend a Saturday, especially since we rode the tram all the way back to our car!








Oh lucky you...I wish I would have known about it, because I wanted to go!!!! Looks like the everyone had fun!! hugs, Katrina
ReplyDelete