Friday, September 20, 2013

September Sketch Week with Allison Davis

There is a new sketch for September on Allison Davis' blog (download it here). It is a two page sketch with a lot of different possibilities. For some amazing inspiration on how to use this sketch, check out Allison's blog, she has been featuring projects all week long!
I made a one page layout using the sketch. I varied the sketch by rotating it so my layers were horizontal instead of vertical. I found a couple of my favorite photos from the Spring to include in this layout. It was an ordinary day and a perfect capture of my oldest daughter simply blowing dandelions in the wind.

I clustered the title on the right, similar to the placement of the stars in the sketch. The heart card is adorable and the colors seemed to compliment the layout perfectly. I added to it by stamping "amazing moment" and the date on it. I love how it turned out!

I tucked a little journaling card behind the photo to keep the layout simple. I also added some washi tape on the top and bottom of the layout.


Products used: Studio Calico Limitless and Say What (Valley High kit) and Amazing Moment stamp, gold dot washi and Amy Tangerine A-lister (Marks & Co kit); Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Captured, Ameircan Craft Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party Paper Pack; Chic Tags Journaling Tags Road Trip and Maya Road Perfect Shot Arrow Stamps


3 comments:

  1. What a delightful layout. Love the strips behind the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the strips!! Such a great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute layout, I like the colors you chose for the strips they really highlight the blue of her shirt.

    ReplyDelete