This past Saturday I was able to spend the entire day scrapbooking thanks to Scrap-a-palooza. I had a great time with two friends (thanks Sarah and Stephanie) who joined me. It was quite different then the group crops we are used to (Camp Scrap at our church). It was so quiet at the scrap-a-palooza (except for our table)! It was really nice to be able to sit all day long and work on scrapbook pages. I was able to finish 4 layouts completely. Although there were moments we did not think we could continue - we were getting sleepy, but then my sweet husband brought Starbucks by and we were good to go for the rest of the afternoon and evening! I had a blast!! Oh and to inspire all of you scrappers out there that are behind - I was scrapping the year 2007 (even though I do not have much scrapped for 2004,05 or 06)! Yeah, I am behind! Oh well, one step at a time!
The next adventure of our weekend was Sunday night when Madison decided to put make a "head pancake" from some goop she won at Incredible Pizza (called Flarp Noise Putty - it makes a child pleasing toot sound when she stick your finger inside it). Needless to say, it took about an hour and lots of ice to get all of the Flarp out of her hair. Thankfully no cutting was needed though! She sat very still and patient as I worked and worked to get it out.
And we could not wait, with all of our fall like weather, to get some decorations out and decorate the house a little bit. We love Halloween at our house (fitting we have a daughter with an October birthday who thinks it is a fabulous holiday) and found a few extra "spooky" decorations this year to put out. The picture above is our mantel and we also have some vinyl bats decorating our windows, arranged by Maddy. We are ready for fall!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment