Our house has been piled with papers of all kinds since kindergarten started. Mounds and mounds and mounds of paper. Most of it comes from "center time" when they get to choose which center they want to go to. Of course, our sweetie usually chooses the scrap paper center where they can color and create all sorts of fun pictures. She loves to draw and piece together different types of paper to create her vision. I love it. Everything is very thought out and placed just so in order to fully bring to life the story that she is thinking.
This one is of the fair, including the ferris wheel, duck pond and of course herself, all decorated in her finest, carrying a balloon. I love that she spelled out the words as you sounded them out. I love that they are not quite right.
In Art, they made a book of the three bears. Here is her version:
The inside of the house {love, love, love all of the details}:
The upstairs of their house:
How do you handle the enormous amount of papers coming home when you are storage deprived? I am in need of time saving, practical suggestions!
Oh wow! Too cute. I LOVE the kitchen scene. I love the stove and oven details :) I love how frog made it in almost every scene :)
ReplyDeleteSaving the papers....that's a tough one. I am not quite to that stage yet but I would suggest you only save your few favorites from the month and then throw the rest out. If you save all papers throughout school you will have to add on another room to your house. Save your fav's of the month and then at the end of the school year you can weed through them again and pick out your favorites of the school year. Just a thought. Have fun with that though.
Love ya guys
I agree w/ Courtney ... save your favorites and secretly pitch the rest. The longer you keep ALL of them, the harder it will be to throw away later. Also, I saw somewhere that suggested to take pics of the artwork then you could put memory card in a digital frame so you could still enjoy them w/o the clutter ... perhaps you could even put in her room for her to enjoy??? Trust me, I feel your pain!
ReplyDeleteI have hanging file folders that I stick all stuff in by month...then I go through it at end of month because by then I really know what I want to keep or throw away. I got myself in trouble before throwing too much stuff too soon away.
ReplyDelete