It is a new year, which means a completely "new" Design Team at the Sketch Support Blog starting this week!
This week is the January Card Sketch and instead of a card, I was inspired to make a layout. Here is the original sketch {visit the blog HERE to print it for yourself} and my layout underneath it:
To make the snowflakes, I was inspired by the snowflakes the girls and I cut out during Christmas at home. I punched circles from patterned paper using a scallop circle and regular circle punch. Then i folded the circles a few times and just snipped triangles and various "cut outs" out of the folded circles. Then I opened them up and added them to my page. I added some hand stitching around the snowflakes as an accent.
I added a hidden journal card to simplify the layout. I liked the "look" of the layout without the journal card showing, but wanted to add the story of what was happening that day; so hiding it was the perfect solution.
Check out the Sketch Support Blog for more inspiration with this sketch.




0 comments:
Post a Comment