Monday, June 25, 2012

Monster Feet

We had a rare {at least this summer} rainy Monday and decided to just spend the morning at home. Thankfully, our crafts for the day lined up with the weather perfectly!
I found some cardboard I had been saving and we drew some large monster feet. I used their feet as a guide and drew a larger, more "monster" shape. {I used pencil and then went over it in marker to be able to change the shape if needed after measuring}. {Original idea found HERE.} 

The oldest really wanted to design her monster feet, so I left her on her own designing {she even added hair to the feet, which was an amazing touch}. The youngest wanted a little more help, she was most anxious to get to the "wearing" part. She did take part in coloring the toenails of her monster.
I cut the feet out with my exacto knife and punched a couple of holes on each side. Then I threaded some ribbon, along the bottom and through each hole, to tie around the top of their feet. We found that wrapping the ribbon around their ankles before tying it on the top of the feet held the feet on much better. 


The monsters were then let loose in the house! They loved stomping through the house. It was a fun activity for sure!
Also, that same day, we made rainbow t-shirts {original idea found HERE}. They colored sand paper, then I ironed it onto a plain white t-shirt. If we had the activity to do over again, they would have colored a little bit harder over their drawings before ironing them to the shirt, their designs turned out a little bit lighter than they hoped. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment