Thursday, December 20, 2012

Where I have been....

Oh my...it has been a long, long time since my last post. Several reasons why, but the short list includes:
  • since my obligations for Sketch Support ended at the beginning of summer, it opened up some time, so I took it.
  • I had one last test (to become a licensed architect) to take (and pass) before all of the other tests that I passed were set to expire in October. If they expired, I would have to re-take all of the tests, including the 7 tests I had already passed. So, I stopped all extra activities - no blogging, scrapbooking, free/fun time of any kind; in order to fully devote myself to studying for that one last test. Every moment of my free time was spent at the local library - studying. Thankfully, I have a very sweet husband who took very good care of everything at home while I was studying, and who encouraged me more than anyone else. Thankfully, by the grace of God alone, I received my final pass letter. So after five years of testing and 9 tests - I am officially forever done with that portion of my life. So incredibly grateful. 
  • Since the end of studying in late September, our family went on vacation (our first in four years), passed around pneumonia or bronchitis, celebrated an 8th birthday, had Halloween and Thanksgiving and are gearing up for Christmas and a 4th birthday. Busy time of the year! 
  • The final reason is that I lost my motivation for scrapbooking and therefore blogging. It has been six months since making my last layout and though I missed the creating, it intimated me to start back up again. And with blogging, since I wasn't creating - I didn't feel like there was anything to really share here. But, my goal for the new year is to get back to creating, get back to blogging and see where it goes. 

1 comment:

  1. Hope to see you back in the New Year :) I know exactly how you feel! I took a couple months off and JUST posted my first layout since I'd been back...it's kinda hard to get back into blogging!

    ReplyDelete