Today was Madison's official first day of her last year of preschool. She was up earlier than usual (yippee, sense the sarcasm, for all of us non morning people in the house)! But that left us plenty of time before she had to leave for preschool. She had her favorite breakfast of pancakes. She had herself dressed before 8:00 (a little excitement I think). And she even had time to swing some while I watered the garden (and while the coffee was brewing). We took pictures in front of the house before she left. Her daddy took her to preschool since it is also his workplace and Brook and I waved goodbye from the garage. Brook seemed a little confused as to why her big sister was leaving us. She had a little pouty lip even!
All morning I prayed for my sweet (almost 5 year old) baby and wondered what she was doing. I think kindergarten next year might be a little hard on this mommy. The house was very, very quiet - but I even had time while Brook napped a little to get in a run AND read my Bible- no interruptions! We left a little early to go and pick her up - simply because we could not wait to see her and hear all about her day. It was my first time in "car line" and Maddy LOVED getting picked up in car line just like everyone else.
I quizzed her about her first day and found out all that she did today. She said she was a little quiet today because it was the first day and she was a little unsure. I assured her that is normal and it will get easier. But the best part was when I asked her what she liked best and she said when Brook and I picked her up in car line and that she missed us. What a sweetie. And to celebrate we stopped at Target for an Icee (her choice) on the way home) and her daddy came along on his lunch break with us. What a good day and we are only to lunch!
Check out what our crawling busy Brook was up to this morning while her big sister was at school. She loves to crawl around with something in her mouth. She absolutely loves getting into her bibs that we keep under her high chair. She is quite a character!
0 comments:
Post a Comment