This morning we finally were able to make it back outside for some play time before the heat kicked back in. B has been fighting a cold this week, due to teething we think, and so I did not want to drag her outside in the heat. But she is feeling better and this morning we headed out. M played a little basketball and of course colored with chalk - her favorite.
B has started waving and is trying so hard to crawl. It will not be long now! She can now roll over to the furniture and toy baskets and sit up next to them to try and reach what is on them or in them. Busy, busy girl.
We took M yesterday to preschool orientation. I cannot believe she is in Pre-K this year and will be in kingergarten next year. I have tried to convince her to slow down and grow a little slower to which she replies "I can't, that's how God made me!" Be still my heart. My first baby is growing up.
We will be busy tonight setting up for a family garage sale that will be tomorrow and Saturday. It should be a fun and interesting time. People watching at Garage Sale's is seriously one of the best sources of entertainment ever!
Overheard at our house this week:
- "oh mommy, you look just like you did when you were a little girl!" (when I had yet to fix my hair and it was a wavy mess!)
- "he collects money just like me" (when we found a wheat penny and I explained that papa likes to collect them and maybe we could give it to him)
- I found M sitting in her rocking chair in her room and asked what she was doing and she said "I am reading my Bible this morning" (a good reminder that she is watching everything we do and will be imitating us - good or bad)
- Out of the blue "I need to drink lots of water today because my neck hurts and and all that will help it is water."
0 comments:
Post a Comment