Monday, March 8, 2010

Tooth-less

Maddy lost her first tooth on Saturday. First tooth. A big deal indeed {another sign my baby is growing up}. It has been hanging, literally, for quite a few days now. She was eating lunch and said "hmmm, there is something crunchy in my mouth - uh, mommy I lost my tooth just now." So matter of fact, no drama. There was, however, a little bit of drama when she was bleeding and it took a little while to stop. More unpleasant and uncomfortable than dramatic, really.

All day Saturday, "mommy, I wonder what the tooth fairy will bring? I hope it's money." Honest and real.
Sunday, she woke up and came running into our room. "The tooth fairy came and there is pixie dust and sparkles all over my floor!" I said, "did she leave you anything besides sparkles?" "Oh mama, I forgot to look!" So a few seconds later, here she came with a gold, dollar coin - happy as can be. She told her daddy, "I just knew the tooth fairy had a sparkly blue dress and now I know for sure because she left sparkles all over my floor!" She told the story numerous times today, so happy and excited. {We did have a bit of a sad moment when she could not find her money after church. We prayed and retraced her steps all over church and the car and praise the Lord - someone had picked it up and placed it on a speaker. It was found!}
She also told me today, "mommy I have a window now in my mouth. I love it! And I am so glad that I still have my baby talk. I love my baby talk!" Good to know, although not all of us love the baby talk!

Here's the story, from her sweet, toothless mouth:

1 comment:

  1. I love the sparkles! And the addition of Maddy telling the story herself is priceless! :)

    ReplyDelete