Wednesday, July 22, 2009

First Slip and Slide-Layout






Well if you read the blog, then you probably remember the post about M's first time on the slip and slide. Well today while the girls napped, I created a new scrapbook layout to represent the moment. The colors are actually brighter than the photo shows. It is only a one page layout - which is not at all typical for me. I usually create a 2 page layout because there is simply too much to say and show. But today, a one page layout fit perfectly. I used the frame for the photos from House of 3.

I know all I seem to post are outdoor pictures, but I could not resist some of the pictures from this morning playing outside. M was rocking the princess crown while playing soccer with a tiny basketball. She even instructed me to play soccer with her pretend friends while she sat in the chair and did a "play by play" into her microphone (with a dangling cord that she "plugged" into the stroller). Such an imagination!! B was hanging on a blanket in the grass for a while, enjoying the breeze from this unseasonably cool morning and watching M run around playing.

We also had some sidewalk chalk fun outside while B chilled in the stroller. M loves that she can write "hip, hippo and hi" all by herself these days. I am not sure why those are her first words to write, besides her name, but they are. One day about a month ago, she asked what she had spelled and it was an H and P. I had to tell her that she actually did not spell anything, but if she added an I in the middle, it would spell hip and if she added a P and an O, she could spell hippo. So that is how those became her favorite words to write.

We have been enjoying the time at home together since I was laid off from my job. Maybe I can post some "indoor" activities soon to balance out this blog!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment