Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Grateful for the small things

I am grateful for so many huge things, but sometimes (okay, most of the time) take for granted so many small things that I would be lost without. Here are a tiny few:


Ziplock bags - my smallest daughter would consume so much more than I already catch her eating without these small wonders. When she learns how to open them, hopefully she will not still be into eating chalk and other art supplies!


Art - It is something that not only my hubby and I share a love for, but now something we can participate in as a family. My oldest daughter LOVES anything crafty and creative. And I love that we share that and can spend the morning making all kinds of turkeys together. She even took it upon herself to design her own turkey by tracing her hand. I love that she expresses herself so well through her drawings and that they always come with a story.

Baking - it is something I love to do and today Maddy decided to join in. I am grateful for the time to make sugar cookies today with her, while the youngest daughter took a morning nap. I love that she, a couple of years ago, came up with her own way to flatten the dough and still does it that way every time (use your belly and press it down).


Mail delivery by scooter- Okay, seriously I love to get mail. I will sign up for any free magazine or newsletter because I love to get mail, always have. Junk mail might be annoying for some, but for myself and now my girls - mail is FUN to get! Today Maddy decided it wasn't enough to just walk out and get the mail. Instead it would be even better to ride her scooter and get it. There was a moment of doubt if the scooter would work, once the mail was in hand and she had to then figure out how to hold it and ride and steer the scooter. But she figured it out and it was a success. Getting mail is fantastic, but getting mail by scooter - even better!

I am grateful for all the big things everyday and may I also be grateful for the small, tiny things that might otherwise go unnoticed. And woohoo for Thanksgiving which is not only a time to pause and examine our lives, but also a time for family and amazing, yummy, home-cooked foods!

0 comments:

Post a Comment