Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Today


We love to go to the lake in the summer with our family and spend time on my grandpa's boat and at their cabin. This is a layout that shows those moments in 2007 (still playing catch up). Today those warm, summer days seem so far away. And these pictures are just proof my first baby is growing up way too fast. 

Today on the other hand, was somewhat trying in just the smallest ways. We had to go to the doctor to get Maddy's 5 year shots. We are supposed to just walk in and get the shots, but instead had to wait for over an hour - which meant missing Brooklyn's morning nap. They both did very well waiting. After the shots, I was going to go through Starbucks to get some much needed caffeine and warmth (it is suddenly cold here today). When I pulled up, there was a sign on the drive thru menu that said about not being able to serve espresso today - but hey, if you want tea or a frappucino on this freezing day, feel free to order that! So we go to another Starbucks, but their drive thru is blocked with chairs and cones. Since it was now raining and both of my girls had shots, we did not want to drag everyone inside. So I go to a third Starbucks and wait at least 10 minutes. But at least they are open and I can order from my car. I pull up to the window and the employee hands me my drink -only I notice it smells different, so I ask "is this a white mocha?" "Um no, it is a mocha" says the employee. So I wait while they remake my drink. And finally I have my correct drink and an irritated spirit. At least I didn't have to pay for my somewhat okay white chocolate mocha (apparently they don't make it well if you hurry them) since they messed up my order the other day, I had a free drink coupon. Blah, Starbucks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment