Tuesday, April 19, 2011

{Rainy Day Layout} Sketch Support

This week Sketch Support we are using the Add On Sketch to create embellishments on your cards and layouts. This month, the embellishment is an umbrella {although I am sure there will be many interpretations on how you can use it creatively on your work}, so I thought it would be perfect for a "rainy day" layout! 
To make the umbrella, I punched a large circle out of the woodgrain paper. Then I cut it in half and punched the bottom with a scallop/dot punch. I drew a umbrella handle free hand and cut it out. Since there were already holes punched, I thought it would be perfect to do a little sewing. I framed the embellishment with some yellow paper so it would pop a little more on the page, instead of blending in.
The striped paper behind the photos is actually black and white, but I took a yellow stamp pad and turned it into "black and yellow" stripes to match the layout a little better. 
I add a few embellishments and some clouds {complete with a few drops of mist for rain} to finish it off. How will you interpret the sketch?

3 comments:

  1. Cool clouds, rain, umbrella, layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet blog you have : )
    I love this page and love how you made your umbrella. Really cute : )
    xxx

    ReplyDelete