Thursday, September 22, 2011

San Francisco {Part Two}

The second full day we were in San Francisco, we had the most free time of any day. So, a few of us went back down to Fisherman's Wharf {by bus this time}, and took a Ferry ride to see the Golden Gate Bridge, the Bay Bridge and Alcatraz. It was awesome...but quite windy. On the ferry, everyone received headphones and they told us all kinds of history and fun facts about each landmark. It was the perfect way to sight-see, especially for an information/history junkie like me. 

Our ferry and the wharf as we were leaving:
The Golden Gate Bridge from the ferry. I loved being able to go directly under it and turn around. Amazing experience. {Side note: I did not take a camera, so every picture from this trip is from my cell phone, which actually did pretty well. I had to limit my photos more than usual since my phone charge did not hold up all that well and we were never back at the hotel to charge it back up!}
 
Alcatraz {so incredibly creepy} and San Francisco from the ferry:
That night most of us met up as a group at Ghiradelli Square for dinner, and of course free samples!
A lovely day and I was able to see all of the "main" parts of San Francisco that I wanted. The ferry ride was the BEST part of the day for sure!

0 comments:

Post a Comment