Monday, December 6, 2010

A book a day....

Last night I wrapped and numbered Christmas books {straight from our bookcases} and placed them in a basket in our living room for the girls to find this morning. The idea came from a blog post I read last week that I loved.
What a fun, practical way to carve out some family time during the busy holiday season, while covering all of your favorite family holiday books {and counting down to Christmas}! Although I meant to start this on December 1st, the 6th {today} is when we actually will begin. 
 {Day one - Berenstain Bears Trim the tree}
I was amazed to find we have ENOUGH books for the next 20 days, with a few odd books left over {finishing with books about the birth of Jesus on Christmas day}. I can see us adding some additional books over the years to replace our toddler board books - but this year, they are added into the mix for this sweet babe to enjoy:
This might just be a new family tradition!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome idea!! Thanks for sharing. I will have to stock up on some Christmas books for next year. Merry Christmas to your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea ... thanks for sharing! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete