I have a calendar with some loosely planned summer activities for the girls to do while we are all together this summer. It helps us to have a goal for the day and it is loose enough that it can be changed around or skipped if something else comes up.
One of the things I have planned every week is a new artist to learn about. The hubby and I love art and Maddy has really developed a love for art this past year, so what better way to encourage it this summer? This past week, our artist was Dr. Seuss. {Doesn't her page rock?}
We learned about his drawing style, a few fun facts about him {he really had a very colorful, eventful life}, watched a movie and read some books. {About halfway through our time, I realized we should have eaten green eggs and ham, or at least had green egg and ham sugar cookies or something}! Oh well, there is always next time!
Both girls really seemed to enjoy the time learning and drawing {let's face it, I had fun too}.
We even decided to make a cat and the hat "hat" for extra fun!
It was fun! It is fun to see the "planning" play out and to watch the girls learn and grow in the process! Can't wait for more summer fun!!
Did I see a layout of yours in my new magazine that arrived yesterday? Congratulations!
ReplyDelete