Friday, June 24, 2011

{Lucky} Sketch Support

This is a layout I made using the June One Page Sketch from Sketch Support {find it here}. 
  • Instead of the 7x5 photo, I used two smaller photos and added paper behind it for background square. I embellished it with ribbon and a label sticker. 
  • I used a card for my title and layered it on top of another journaling card. Then I added a hidden journaling card with pull tab behind the title. 
  • For the squares, I started by cutting a circle out of the kraft cardstock and layered patterned paper behind it. Then, I used a border stamp to add the yellow detail on the white cardstock and punched two larger circles to reveal the circles in the kraft cardstock below. 
    • I dressed up a few circles up with hand stitching. I added a strip of paper in the middle of the square, opposite orientation of the sketch, and added a few decorative butterflies.
    • For the center square, I chose to add a simple chipboard square in the corner, instead of a larger, cardstock square like the sketch. I misted the square to match the layout. 
    • I added a few accents and a date to the bottom corner, which is different from the sketch.

    For more ideas using this sketch, check out Sketch Support all week!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment