Sunday, June 5, 2011

Whirlwind

So...it's official. I have become a less than frequent blogger. I am not sure where April and now May have gone, but I think they passed by in a blink and I am way behind around here because of it! 

So, what have we been up to {we know it hasn't been blogging}?
We officially have a first grader {oh my goodness....}. We have been busy with "end of school activities" and finishing all of those "last things." Like, last school lunch with her as a kindergartner:
The kindergarten year has flown by so fast {faster than I ever dreamed it possibly would}. Wow....first grade. We could not be more proud of the way she has grown and changed this past year. Just look at where she started:
Wow. I am not sure my heart can take this fast pace growing up!

In other news, we celebrated "national doughnut day" this past Friday with the little one {free doughnut of choice}. I have also attempted to start potty training this past week, which has meant lots of inside "home" time and frequent laundry and cleaning!
This weekend, the older had a fun weekend away with just her Nana and Papa. So, we took the little one to a cupcake shop in town and had a little "mommy/daddy" date with just the three of us. Can you tell she enjoyed her cupcake?
I have also started to get an idea of what we are going to be doing around here all summer, which has taken a little bit of time and planning. Hopefully, the blogging will stay a little more regular from now on! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment