Thursday, June 30, 2011

Our take on Van Gogh

This past Thursday, we painted like Van Gogh. I told the girls about Post-impressionism {ever so briefly} and a little about Van Gogh {leaving out a lot of the crazy parts}. Fun fact: he didn't start painting until he was in his late 20's and in less than ten years, produced more than 2,000 pieces of artwork. Amazing.
Then we looked at two of his paintings. Starry Night {his original painting pictured above, photo credit here}. 

Here is our oldest girl's interpretation. LOVE IT. I was so impressed with her attention to detail. Love that little thing and her love for art.
And the youngest. I must say, she had so much fun there was quite a mess to be cleaned up. But, I was so impressed with her mix of colors. I love her painting and the fact that she was so into it!
Then we looked at Van Gogh's Sunflowers Painting. Original {photo credit here}:
Our oldest girl's painting. I love this painting. She did not like his sunflower painting as much and really thought about how she would make the sunflowers herself. But, I love how she figured it out and I love the result.
I must say, I was so impressed with our sweet little girls and their paintings. I love watching them and they seemed to have some fun too! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment