Friday, August 26, 2011

First of first

Yesterday was the first day of first grade for our oldest. When she woke up, there were a few special touches around the house. Streamers, a first day of school sign on her breakfast chair and I made a special cookie cake for after school {her favorite kind of cake}. Pancakes for breakfast, her choice, and a little "happy first day of school" card tucked into her backpack finished up the little details. 
She added a locket to her outfit. That way if she was missing us "a tiny bit" she could look at our pictures inside her locket {pictures she added herself off of some of our index prints}. Melt my heart.
The backpack she "had to have", even though she has not even seen the new movie {we have let her watch the old cartoons.}
She had a great first day. She said, when I picked her up, "I love first grade better than preschool AND kindergarten put together!" 
And about her teacher "I love her more than any other teacher I have ever had, even my Sunday school teachers." She is growing up right before our eyes. For reference, this was last year:
Oh my, how much she has changed in just one year.

1 comment:

  1. Love the special touches! They're lucky little girls - you're a great mom!

    ReplyDelete