Friday, August 19, 2011

Picasso

We took a few weeks off from our "artist series" in July, but picked it up again this month. Our artist we started August with was Picasso. I taught the girls a little about him {birth place, where he lived, Cubism and what it means, etc}. He had a very interesting life, so I only "highlighted" the appropriate parts for the girls. We looked at a couple of his paintings and then they went to work painting like him, using a couple of his paintings for examples {the paintings we used were Three musicians, La Lecture and Guernica}.

I loved the interpretations from our oldest. The paintings were "upside down" with the grass on the top, sky on the bottom and the face in a funny order for the person. Our little just loves to paint and experiment with colors. I love seeing the world through their eyes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment