This layout is picking up on another hot trend right now, the chevron. I have noticed many designers using different versions of this on their layouts {some link ups here: Gracie Swainson; Paige Evans, and Marcy Penner} so I thought it was time to try it out!
My layout uses a simplified version of the chevron pattern. Instead of continuing the pattern all the way across, I just kept it simple with two columns. I cut strips of 1"x3" pieces of paper, but once they were cut, I thought that was a little thick, so I cut those in half to get a thinner strip.
Once the chevrons were cut and pieced together, I added a little background paper behind my photo strip, since it was a bit washed out from the photo booth. I also added a little bit of color behind the journal card. I like the pattern, it is simple, clean and gives it a fun look. Finally, I sprinkled a little mist on it and had a finished layout!
0 comments:
Post a Comment