It seems "ray" layouts are everywhere these days. So, I decided to give the "ray" layout a try. {Inspired by these original layouts: Maggie Holmes and Shannon Tidwell}.
Here is the layout I made:
To make my layout, I first drew a template of how I wanted the rays to go on the 12x12 sheet in pencil. I then cut the rays out and used them as a template to cut the right shape out of the patterned paper. {Yes, I am aware there is probably an easier way.}
I pieced them together on the cardstock, added a few embellishments, a title {of course the photo} and a few notes.
It was a fun technique and I loved the way it gives a playful feel to the page. It works especially well with this photo because it is a bit dark and normally wouldn't stand out on it's own {but I LOVE it}.
Very cute, playful and colourful! I love the idea of rays LO. Will be trying out this idea.
ReplyDelete