Today my first baby turns 5! Already? How in the world did this happen so soon (see a baby picture above - is she still not supposed to be that size)? I have never really had trouble with any of her birthday's so far, just celebrated and was so joyful that I had this sweet baby girl. But this one is different. Of course I celebrate and am joyful and thankful still, but this birthday is a milestone. It signals the end of the baby/toddler years and onto "big" kid years. And it all seems to have happened so very fast.
So here are some things that I love about my first born baby (because seriously she will always be my baby).
She is seriously just fun. Just laugh out loud, roll on the floor - fun. And happy - from the moment she was born, all the time happy. But most of the time she saves her best fun for her daddy because he is her main man.
She has a huge imagination and a gift for art. She doesn't even just color pictures anymore - she draws the pictures, then colors them.
She is highly creative - which sometimes expresses itself in her wardrobe choices and even though I would not pick that particular thing for her to wear -wear it she does and she does it well.
She LOVES her family - I mean not just immediate, but extended. She wants everyone - aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, anyone related to get together frequently and it literally just brings her joy to have them all in one place together.
Even though getting a sister this past year has rocked her world upside down in a lot of ways, she has adjusted very well and absolutely loves her baby sister and tells her often.
God made her a leader and an independent thinker. She can convince most people to follow her in any game and if they don't, she will play it anyway. She has a definite opinion on things and if you don't want the truth, you better not ask. She is not easily persuaded away from her beliefs.
She is quirky. She makes the best sorts of faces to express herself and makes her own headbands with her old baby bows.
I could seriously just go on for days. But I will stop with this: she is just herself and I LOVE who she is and who she is becoming. I cannot wait to see what she is like tomorrow, next week and next year. We are blessed beyond anything we could have ever hoped for.
0 comments:
Post a Comment