Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New Stuff



A couple of weeks ago we had Camp Scrap at our church. I finished a layout I had started at Scrap-a-palooza a couple of weeks prior to camp scrap. It is about Maddy's first trip to White Water this summer. I love how it turned out! There was a tiny crisis when I stamped a title on the page and did not like the way it looked. But I covered the title with some paper and I LOVE the way it turned out after all. Sometimes my mistakes turn into my favorite part of the page.

Lately, the "little" things that can go wrong each day seem to be piling up. It is the one tiny thing after another that are piling and piling and piling. I am desperate for the Lord to sustain me through this season of uncertainty and trials (not even big stuff that so many other people must endure, just lots of little stuff). May I be found faithful at the other end of this trying season. "It is the process, not the outcome that glorifies God. God is saying "where you are right now, this very moment is what's important to me." Don't worry about tomorrow and don't fret over yesterday. Don't focus on what's going to happen. Love me now. Trust me for this very day. Worship me now and delight in me now." (Victoriously Frazzled Bible Study by Cindi Wood)

Psalm 91:9-11 "If you make the Most High your dwelling-even the Lord, who is my refuge- then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come to your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways."

Exodus 14:14 "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring to you today. The Lord will fight for you, you need only be still."

May I, no matter my circumstances, attitude, emotions, feelings - may I always make the Lord my dwelling. May I always be found thankful and joyful - expecting the Lord to come through in the trying circumstances of my life. May I be still, relinquishing control of my worries to God so that He will get the glory.

0 comments:

Post a Comment