Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Good Stuff


Last night we finally had the time to carve the pumpkins. At least we managed to do it before Halloween, even though it is just days before! Madison had a great time cleaning out her pumpkin. She thought it was hysterical to see all that was in it (and a tiny bit gross she said). She picked out her pattern (pooh bear) and I helped her transfer the pattern onto her pumpkin (I think it would have been easier if we would just sketch it on)! Then I carved most of it, while she helped some. Sam cleaned out Brooklyn's pumpkin and transferred her pattern, then I carved that one as well. Brooklyn was so content sitting in her high chair with a big spoon watching all of us at work. 

After carving, we lined them up outside and put the candles in and admired them from our front sidewalk. Madison was extra proud this year since she had such a big part in carving the pumpkin for the first time. It was great fun and we laughed all night as a family. These are going to be good memories!

0 comments:

Post a Comment