Thursday, July 22, 2010

Homemade

I love to cook and bake and am constantly trying new recipes. I A-D-O-R-E Starbucks coffee {okay, it's more like an addiction}, especially their white chocolate mocha anything {frappucinos with an extra shot; hot and iced drinks}. But...my addiction get too pricey at times. So, next best thing {okay it's a distant next best thing, but at least it's cheaper} is a white mocha frappucino made at home. I ran across some white chocolate syrup in the grocery store last week and decided to try it out {since Starbucks is currently not selling their syrup and I don't want to buy it on Ebay in a massive, expensive quantity}. Yes, I have checked...remember the addiction part? I don't have an espresso maker...dreaming of one, just haven't purchased one yet, so I have to make strong coffee for the drink in place of the espresso. But espresso would make this drink even more divine, I am convinced of it!

To make the strong coffee:
Use 3 cups water in the coffee pot and 1 cup coffee grounds. This is the coffee I am currently trying since it is made for iced coffee.
Brew coffee and add to 3 cups ice {I combine it in a pitcher and keep it cold in the refrigerator until time to use it}. The coffee will melt the ice and will make a good iced coffee {you can add ice and milk for that drink}.
To make the frappucino put the following ingredients in the blender:

1-3/4 cups crushed ice
3/4 cups strong coffee {can use 2 shots espresso}
1/2 cup milk {3/4 cup milk if using espresso}

add some white mocha syrup
You can add sugar if it's not sweet enough {I personally think stronger and more coffee is better}.
Blend. Serve in a reusable Starbucks cup for added appeal {makes imagining the real thing so much easier}.
Top off with some whipped cream if desired. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. You are too funny! While I do not share your coffee addiction, I do enjoy yummy, cold drinks in this HOT weather! Miss you :)

    ReplyDelete