Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Saturday evening

Saturday morning Maddy started packing her bags to go spend the night at Nana and Papa's house that evening. The problem: we have not yet asked Nana and Papa if they are available. But my mom mentioned earlier in the week she wanted Maddy to come and spend the night sometime soon, so they could spend time together and just have fun, as only Nana's and Papa's can do. So we helped Maddy dial the phone and listened as very politely, she asked if she could spend the night that evening. Of course she could. 

So after nap, we load her two bags, pillow, glow in the dark sleeping bag and church clothes into the car {she packed her own bags with her treasures, but I made sure she had the practical essentials}. We dropped her off and she immediately says "bye" and was disappointed because we visited for a few minutes and Brook showed off her "walking" skills. We quickly left a little while later because we did not want to cut into her special time with her grandparents.

We do not like when she is away from our house - I must admit it, we are selfish. We like walking down the hall and knowing she is playing in her room, she is sleeping in her own bed, listening to her tell us stories, etc. We miss her so when she is gone, even for a night. It is hard on us to allow her to have her own experiences, especially ones that we don't get to be a part of.  But we know all too well it is good for her and just a part of growing up.


So since we only had one child with us, we went to dinner and used one of our gift cards from Christmas. It was a nice dinner with just us and Brook {seriously that tiny thing can eat}. Then we drove through Starbucks - ahhhh soothing to the soul. And we finally ended up at the mall {we are very exciting, be jealous}. 

Finally, we went home, put the baby to bed and got our craft on! I made a craft for my sunday school and finished the scrapbook layout here. And my sweet, very manly husband whipped out his machine and sewed {yes my man has a sewing machine, be jealous} black out fabric onto Maddy's curtains. It was fun. I love my very manly, sewing man!


The best part was, the next day when I asked Maddy what her favorite part of spending the night at her Nana and Papa's house was she said "oh mommy, everything." I cannot think of anything better than for me to watch my parents become grandparents to my girls. Our girls are so blessed to have three amazing sets of grandparents to know and love. Lucky indeed.


2 comments:

  1. I am completely in awe.
    Sam SEWS???
    Now, THAT'S putting the pressure on!
    What a guy!

    I'm waking Nathan up now . . .

    And this sounds like our dates. Exactly. Good times.

    P.S. Love the PEAN sign. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me just say your comments cracked me up Rebekah! I mean laugh out loud - especially the part of waking Nathan up! So funny.

    ReplyDelete