Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Way I Journal

Yesterday, I started a scrapbook layout during naptime, but since my girls were not in a very sleepy mood, I was not able to finish it. So, I was able to finish it after they went to bed last night. 

For the flowers, I cut them out of a paper and stuck two colors together and placed a button in the middle. I love flowers {probably a really good thing I have girls}!



I am really, really behind on my scrapbooking. Seriously, behind. My children do not have baby books even started. So, that is why the pictures and layouts will usually be from years ago. Trying to catch up. But, the one thing that I started which has saved me is that I write stuff down. I have journaling from almost everyday about what they are doing {or saying}, per day, per month. I write it on the computer, keep an "up to date list" and then when a couple of months are over, I print it out and throw it in their box. That way even though I may scrapbook years later, I still have the story. 

In this layout, I would have missed {2 years later when I scrap it} that Maddy called her house shoes "house sneakers". I would have forgotten that and I don't want to forget the cute and funny things they say or do. The journaling has saved me more times than I care to admit. It is manageable when you keep it up. It does preserve their moments, so I can remember the story that goes with the pictures.

0 comments:

Post a Comment